Pony Bird is an exceptional place for special individuals. We provide 24-hour care for developmentally disabled, non-ambulatory children and adults. These individuals are unable to meet their daily living needs without assistance. Pony Bird’s six residential homes are located in Mapaville and DeSoto, Missouri, which is just 30 minutes south of St. Louis.
Discover The Pony Bird Difference
Pony Bird is a residential care facility that actually “cares” as a family member would.
- Pony Bird’s family of special ones enjoy learning, activities, community outings and therapy services to create their highest possible quality of life.
- Pony Bird is truly a “home” — filled with love, laughter and compassion.
Pony Bird Mission The mission of Pony Bird is to provide quality care to non-ambulatory persons of all ages with significant intellectual and physical disabilities.
Pony Bird Vision Pony Bird’s vision of the future is to be the premier provider for maximizing the quality of life for non-ambulatory persons with significant intellectual and physical disabilities.
The Core Values of Pony Bird are:
- Compassion, Dignity & Respect: All persons are unique and shall be treated with respect, compassion and dignity.
- Family: Provide all services in a family environment.
- Well Trained & Dedicated Staff: A dedicated, loyal and qualified staff is essential to accomplish our mission.
- Ethical Professionalism: We will maintain the highest standards of professionalism and ethical behavior.
- Efficacy & Efficiency: Operations are outcome based with a responsibility for financial sustainability.
The Whole Person: We consider the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each person.