It is the policy of Pony Bird, Inc. to use the following criteria as guidelines for admission of an applicant to the Pony Bird, Inc. homes. Significant factors relating to an individual resident may be considered when that factor would affect the level of care, services and training, which may be provided to the resident by Pony Bird, Inc. The final decision for acceptance of an applicant to the Pony Bird, Inc. homes rests with the Board of Directors.
- The applicant shall be developmentally disabled and non-ambulatory.
- In so far as possible, the care required by the applicant will be homogeneous with the care being provided to the other individuals in the home, and the training needs of the applicant shall, in so far as possible, be compatible with the types of training that Pony Bird, Inc. employees are qualified to administer.
- Private placements may be considered under such terms and conditions as may be appropriate.
- Applicants requiring intensive nursing care or with severe medical problems apart from their physical and mental disabilities, may be eligible for consideration. Those medical necessities include but are not limited to the following; medication, alternative nutrition, use of oxygen, and use of bi-pap or c-pap machines.
- Applicants requiring nursing care relating to a behavioral problem will be assessed. This shall not be construed to exclude any applicant who is susceptible to the normal ailments and diseases.